1. The geological drill rod is made of special alloy-steel pipe (R780, DZ50) for geological purpose, and the drill bit of geological drill rod is made of high-quality alloy structural steel (42CrMo), which has been subjected to vacuum quenching-tempering treatment to improve the fatigue resistance and shearing strength;
2. The drill rod is manufactured with advanced friction welding process, and has the features of high bending resistance and firm welding etc., which could meet the requirement of deep drilling for straightness accuracy. It also has the features of high fatigue resistance and long service life;
3. It guarantees high production efficiency and stable quality.
1. The geological drill rod shall be maintained regularly at the specified maintenance interval and shall be treated for rust and dust prevention;
2. The geological drill rod shall be used within the rated hole spacing of the drilling rig, and selected in accordance with the technical parameter of hole spacing and model of drilling rig;
3. Since the geological drill rod is welded with special geological drilling tube and corresponding joint by friction welding process, it can be used for conventional drilling and firedamp drainage in light of its good follow-up performance and high tensile strength. When the geological drill rod is used for hard rock layer, coal seam or other special environment, the drilling depth shall be determined in accordance with the physical properties and parameters of the actual materials of the geological drill rod;
4. When the geological drill rod is used in conjunction with the drill bit, the diameter of the drill bit shall be generally larger than that of the geological drill rod. In the drilling process, attention shall be always paid to the condition of the drilling rig: In case of jamming or sticking of tools etc., it is necessary to stop drilling or reverse and then drill slowly to ensure that the geological drill rod will not be bent or deformed;
5. When the air or water is led into the geological drill rod, it shall be ensured that the geological drill rod is in tight coupling during drilling: When the geological drill rod is fitted with seals, such as O-ring, attention shall be paid to the usage of the seals. In case of any damage or corrosion etc., the seals shall be replaced in time. After drilling, the seals shall be maintained and cleaned;
6. During drilling, the geological drill rod shall be tightened manually in a gentle manner to ensure tight fit (threaded). The geological drill rod shall not be tightened directly with the drilling rig to prevent it being damaged;
7.If the drilling operation could not be continued since the curvature of the geological drill rod exceeds the standard requirement or the threads are damaged after use etc., it shall be discarded or returned to the factory for repair in a timely manner;
8.It shall be ensured that the drilling depth of the geological drill rod meets the relevant requirements of geological drilling in accordance with the standard requirements for the purpose of preventing the geological drill rod from dropping off as the drilling depth reaches the service limit of the geological drill rod;
9.When the geological drill rod is used in the acidic and alkaline environment, attention shall be paid to the corrosion of the geological drill rod. At the end of drilling, it is necessary to remove the corroded layer from the surface of the pipe with clean water;
10.The geological drill rods shall be stored in a dry place, and shall be supported at multiple points. When the geological drill rods are to be stored for a long time, they shall be maintained regularly;
11.The geological drill rods shall neither be used as the support platform for heavy-tailed stacking nor placed under broken stones or coal heap, or in a disorderly manner;
12.After dust/rust removal, the geological drill rods shall be protected with the protective caps or packaged in box to ensure that they are always readily available.